A bouquet of awards! I am honoured. It’s a wonderful vote of confidence in my writings!
Thank you to Elizabeth Yalian for nominating me along with some great blogs. It’s amazing to realize again how many like-minded and like-hearted people are out there, sharing their hearts and lives one thought at a time.
The rules for accepting these awards are quite simple: Share 7 things about yourself; pass these awards on by nominating 15 other blogs, while crediting the blogger who nominated you. Inform the nominees of their nominations. It is a bit of work, but well worth the investment, as it’s a great way to network – you’ll come across some amazing stories out there from amazing people, and be encouraged!
So here we go, 7 things about myself:
- I was born and raised in Kansas, emigrated once to Scotland, and then a second (and last!) time to Switzerland.
- I was born with Marfan’s Syndrome, an accelerated growth syndrome. I spent 6 years of my childhood, 3 times a week, in medical treatments, and at 13 had two steel rods “welded” along my spine.
- I gave my life to Jesus when I was 7, and began having dreams and visions about being in Scotland – hence the first emigration, when I was 20. The second came when I met my Swiss husband there, in Youth With A Mission.
- I’ve been happily married to my best friend since April 1993.
- I am fluent in High German and Swiss German, but it helps to maintain my English by writing and speaking it occasionally!
- I’m a certified English teacher for adults, but my main teaching function is in vocal coaching. I began singing on stage at the age of 4, have sung with 4 albums to date, and do both private coaching as well as for bands, or groups of bands for weekend lectures.
- I love crafts! I’ll try anything craftsy, and have a well-stocked crafts room.
I am passing these awards on to some amazing bloggers. Searching for that many was quite a task for me as I’m relatively new to WordPress-land; I’m quite “Berean,” and admittedly have a very low tolerance for armchair opinions or half-baked philosophies. So the blogs listed below have passed muster! Each one of them well worth a look, a like, and a follow. Each one brothers and sisters in Christ, spread out around the world, ranging from teenagers, housewives, professionals or pastors. Enjoy!
Nominated for the Bouquet of Awards (in random order):